Amnesty International campaigns for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. Human rights secure freedom, equality and justice. Amnesty conducts research, actions and campaigns and supports human rights defenders. In Hungary Amnesty reaches more than 4000 young people annually. The office of Amnesty International in Budapest has 8 paid employees and 50 volunteers a year.
Vacancy: position for an intern for our Human Rights Education & Youth Programme
16-24 hours a week
Amnesty International Hungary (AIHU) has been working on human rights education (HRE) since 2010. AIHU organises actions, takes part in debates, teaches HRE in schools and organises a contest and a summer camp for young people. Currently, AIHU is working on professionalising its HRE&Youth Programme. This involves expanding its work field within and outside schools, reaching out to students and monitoring and mapping the impact our programme creates. During this process, we are developing tools for young people to become changemakers themselves and inspire their own surroundings to stand up for human rights.
Currently, the HRE&Youth Programme is run by our Youth Coordinator and HRE Coordinator. We have recently expanded our capacities as an Activism Coordinator joined the team in July and an HRE Coordinator from Amnesty International the Netherlands will join our team shortly.
To assist our Dutch colleague with practical matters, we are looking for an enthusiastic student with a knack for languages and a love for event management.
Main tasks: assists our Dutch colleague in her daily work with us
- Translate texts from English to Hungarian and Hungarian to English.
- Write texts in English and Hungarian for our website, newsletters, social media, manuals and flyers.
- Help organise and prepare events.
- Help register and inform participants of events.
- Assist with logistics during trainings and masterclasses.
We are looking for an enthusiastic student who
- Is an excellent communicator in English and Hungarian and is fluent in both orally and written languages
- Has experience with organising events
- Is accurate and concise
- Sympathises with AIHU’s mission and vision
- Available for one academic year but at least 6 months
- A great working environment, young and dynamic team
- A basic training programme on Amnesty International Netherlands as an organisation
- A way to gain experience which could benefit you in your further career
- A chance to visit the Dutch section AINL on a short study trip
- A useful and instructive function in a pleasant working atmosphere, where you are present at the Amnesty office in Budapest. You get a mentor who guides you through your activities and development.
Are you interested in applying for the job and are you committed for at least one year, please send your CV and letter of application before 5 September 2018 to our HRE coordinator, Ádám Beöthy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions for your letter of application:
1. Why do you think you are the ideal candidate for this internship ?
2. Do you have previous human rights and/or educational experience ? Please explain.
3. What would be your added value with Amnesty Hungary – what novelty would you bring in ?
4. How many hours can you work with us a week ?
Több mint 700 börtönben töltött nap után a király kegyelmet adott Tep Vanny kambodzsai jogvédőnek.